Ontario Book Publishers Organization
1 Ruttan St. Suite 101
Toronto, Ontario M6P 0A1
The Organization of Book Publishers of Ontario (OBPO) was incorporated in 1990 and has a current membership of 43 Ontario-based Canadian-owned book publishers.
The objectives of the OBPO are:
- to encourage the writing, publishing, distribution and promotion of books written by Canadian authors;
- to represent the interests of Ontario-based publishers in relations with public and private institutions in Canada and abroad;
- to facilitate the exchange of information amongst its members;
- to further professional training for individuals engaged in all aspects of publishing activity;
- to co-operate closely with individuals, organizations and governments in pursuit of the objectives of the organization; and
- to work for the development and maintenance of strong and competitive publishing houses owned and controlled both in Ontario and in the rest of Canada.
The OBPO’s chief activities are:
- representing the needs, interests, concerns and issues of Ontario book publishers to government and arts organizations;
- facilitating information sharing and educational opportunities to our membership about the provincial, national and international book publishing industries;
- facilitating group marketing projects (both domestic and international) at a reduced cost to our members;
- organizing and managing Open Book: Toronto since 2007.
February 7, 2017: AGM