We encourage you to support the BPC Publishing Industry Freight & Distribution vendors. We would be happy to assist in rate or service comparisons. Please contact the BPC directly at 416-975-9366. The Committee is pleased to make the following recommendations for the year 2020/21:
Small Parcel Domestic
0–500 lbs (225kg)
Recommended vendor: Canpar
- Canpar Express is leading the transportation trend in E-Commerce deliveries
- Overall most competitive parcel rates offered
- A number of new and enhanced services that complement its current service offering
- Advanced Shipping Notification (ASN): By providing an email address in your CanShip shipping system, Canpar Express will send an ASN to the consignee notifying them of the upcoming delivery. If they will not be available at time of delivery, there is a simple option to print and sign a notice for the driver for secure drop off. Beneficial for residential deliveries.
- Over 800 retail locations/access points available for consumers to retrieve packages.
- Offers more convenience for customers to choose pick up locations
- API available for shippers to have up front selection of a direct retail location delivery
- Flexible pickup options: five days a week, two days a week or call in for pickup
- Standardized customer route and drivers that service all of our members
- Consolidation on billing
- Rate discounts based on volume
- Book and Periodical Council members can also take advantage of Canpar Express’ competitive pricing as well as exclusive member offers. Please contact publicity@theBPC.ca for more information.
- Recommended by the BPC for more than 25 years.
Customs and International
Recommended vendor: Universal Logistics
- Special focus on book industry – 100 book industry clients
- Progressive educational programming
- Customs brokerage, AMPS and freight consulting, ocean and air consolidation services from international printing centres
- Recommended for more than 20 years.