- Literary Arts at The Banff Centre
The Banff Centre’s Literary Arts department offers writers and publishers unique courses to develop their professional skills. Participants can choose from a variety of residencies, workshops, retreats, internships, and special projects.
- University of Alberta Bachelor in Creative Writing
The University of Alberta offers a minor BA in Creative Writing and a Combined Honours degree in Creative Writing. The university also emphasizes community outreach with its long-running Writer-in-Residence Program.
- University of Alberta Certificate in Writing and Editing
The University of Alberta offers a certificate in Writing and Editing through the Faculty of Extension. Students may choose from a variety of short, non-credit courses covering a wide range of writing, editing, and publishing topics.
- University of Calgary Degree in Creative Writing
The University of Calgary offers a bachelor degree in Creative Writing, as well as an MA and a PhD in English with a creative thesis option.
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Memorial University Diploma in Creative Writing
Memorial University offers the Diploma in Creative Writing as a means of augmenting a degree program. Students learn to write for different genres and focus on critiquing and editing their own compositions.
- University of New Brunswick Degree in Creative Writing
The University of New Brunswick offers a Creative Writing option in both the English BA Major and BA Honours programs. The Department of English also offers an MA in Creative Writing and encourages graduate students to contribute to The Fiddlehead.
- Dalhousie University Creative Writing Concentration
The Department of English at Dalhousie University offers all students the opportunity to take the Creative Writing Concentration in addition to a regular course of study, resulting in a Double Major BA or Combined Honours BA.
- Algonquin College Scriptwriting
Algonquin College’s year-long graduate certificate in Scriptwriting program provides students with the experience to produce scripts for stage, film, television, broadcast and non-broadcast video, new media, and radio.
- George Brown College Continuing Education Writing Certificates
George Brown College offers Novel Writing Certificate and Story Writing Certificate programs through its continuing education department. Students have the option to attend classes on site or through distance education.
- Humber College Graduate Certificate in Creative Writing
Humber College’s School of Creative & Performing Arts offers creative writing graduate certificates in two different areas: Comic Scriptwriting and Fiction, Creative Non-Fiction, Poetry.
- Humber College Part-Time Programs in Creative Writing
Humber’s Centre of Excellence in Writing and Publishing offers two part-time graduate certificate programs: Creative Writing by Correspondence and the Humber School for Writers Summer Workshop.
- Humber School for Writers Correspondence Program
The Humber School of Writers offers a Creative Writing program aimed at serious writers looking to develop book-length manuscripts. This correspondence course runs for 30 weeks and employs well-known authors as student mentors.
- Trent University Certificate in Creative Writing
Trent University offers a Certificate in Creative Writing course for continuing education students. The curriculum includes a range of courses as well as a four-month mentorship program during which the student works closely with a published author.
- University of Toronto MA in English in the Field of Creative Writing
The University of Toronto offers an MA in English in the Field of Creative Writing. Students participate in writing workshops and a writing project in their chosen genre.
- University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Certificate in Creative Writing
The School of Continuing Studies at the University of Toronto offers a Certificate in Creative Writing program. Participants specialize in a particular genre or style, choosing from creative non-fiction, drama, poetry, short fiction, novels, screenplays,
- University of Western Ontario Writing Program
The University of Western Ontario offers both a certificate in Creative Writing for those who have not graduated from university and a diploma in Creative Writing for those who hold an undergraduate degree.
- York University Program in Creative Writing
In York University‘s Program in Creative Writing, students have the flexibility to complete their BAs as a major, a minor, or a variety of other interdisciplinary combinations.
Prince Edward Island
- Concordia University Bachelor in Creative Writing
Concordia University’s Department of English offers an undergraduate degree in Creative Writing. Classes include small workshops in which students learn about poetry, fiction, drama, scriptwriting and editing with published writers.
- Concordia University Bachelor in Playwriting
Concordia University offers a three-year undergraduate degree in Playwriting. Students receive a grounding in the necessary writing skills and are introduced to all aspects of the theatre, including acting, administration and design.
- Université de Montréal Baccalauréat en Écriture de Scénario et Création Littéraire
The Université de Montréal offers a bachelor in screenwriting and creative writing. Students are introduced to various forms and styles of writing, including writing for television and film, novels, journalism, poetry, and theatre.
- Université du Québec à Montréal Certificat en Création Littéraire
The Université du Québec à Montréal offers a certificate in creative writing. Students examine French-language poetry, narrative genres, and essays.