The Publishing Industry Freight and Distribution Plan 2016/17 contains company information for the four recommended vendors. The plan is effective April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2017.
When you contact recommended vendors, please inform them you are a BPC member and indicate which association you belong to when requesting the Book and Periodical Council Plan Rate.
The freight rates in this Plan are designed for books and periodicals and therefore are based upon shipments with a minimum density of approx. 20 lbs (9 kg) per cubic foot.
The Publishing Industry Freight & Distribution Plan has been a project of the Book and Periodical Council since 1982 and is supported by its members.
An industry committee, who annually recommends vendors chosen for the excellent rates, performance, technology, and value-added services they offer to the publishing industry, directs the Freight & Distribution Plan. The committee’s initiatives also include research and education on freight and warehouse operations issues.
Current committee members are:
- Chris Chambers, Magazines Canada
- Geoff Forguson, Oxford University Press
- Holly Doll, Fitzhenry & Whiteside
- Annie Gibson, Playwrights Canada Press
- Diane Grandy, Fraser Direct, Freight & Distribution Committee Chair
- Bessie Luciano, University of Toronto Press
- Anne McClelland, Book and Periodical Council
- Brenda Sisnett, Georgetown Terminal Warehouses Ltd.
The following book and periodical industry associations are represented by members of the committee:
- Association of Canadian Publishers (ACP)
- Canadian Publishers’ Council (CPC)
- Literary Press Group of Canada (LPG)
- Magazines Canada
- Ontario Book Publishers’ Organization (OBPO)
All sectors of the publishing industry to be served by this plan include: