The League of Canadian Poets (LCP) is pleased to announce the winners of the Jessamy Stursberg Poetry Contest for Canadian Youth. The contest is named in honour of Jessamy Stursberg and “her lifelong love of poetry,” who passed away in 2008; she is the late wife of journalist and author Peter Stursberg. The contest’s categories consist of junior and senior age groups. Winning poems and youth will be featured on the LCP Blog (http://poets.ca/blog/) throughout the month of May.
- 1st Place: Potential by Mehrin Siddiqi (Milton, ON)
- 2nd Place: Variations Upon a Myth by Brynn Erickson (Victoria, BC)
- 3rd Place: Nightmares on the Morning Tide by Alexandra Nesnidalova (Victoria, BC)
- 1st Place: Flip It by Ghalia Aamer (Edmonton, AB)
- 2nd Place: How do you write poetry? by Hannah Watson (Sudbury, ON)
- 3rd Place: Ragnarök by Jay Wieler (Winnipeg, MB)