Every year, The Word On The Street strives to turn Queen’s Park into a book and magazine lover’s paradise by showcasing Canada’s hottest new books & authors, as well as the best Canadian magazines!
Adopt an Author is a yearly fundraising campaign, hosted by The Word On The Street Canada in cooperation with The Word On The Street Toronto, that provides literary lovers with the opportunity to get more involved with the festival and to show support for both the festival and our wonderful Canadian authors.
You can adopt an author with a $100 contribution to the The Word On The Street Toronto!
With this contribution you will receive:
- The opportunity to adopt an author of your choice from a list of available authors
- A copy of the book (to be signed at the festival)
- Opportunity to meet your adopted author and have your book signed first, right after their reading
- Recognition for your contribution at the festival. Your name will be announced by the host prior to your author’s reading
- Recognition on our website
- A personalized certificate detailing your adoption
- A tax receipt for your charitable contribution
- A chance to be a part of Canada’s largest one-day festival!
You can adopt as many authors as you’d like, and each author can be adopted twice.
To find out more about the program, visit http://www.thewordonthestreet.ca/wots/toronto/adopt