Editors’ Association of Canada Conference 2013
|Theme:||Between the Lines/
Entre les lignes
|Dates:||June 7–9, 2013|
|Location:||Lord Nelson Hotel, Halifax|
|Registration:||Register now! Early-bird discounts in effect until April 12.|
Come on down!
There’s no need to read between the lines. Registration is now open for the event of the year, the Editors’ Association of Canada’s 2013 conference, Between the Lines, June 7–9. Register now!
This year’s event in Halifax will include pre-conference workshops to warm you up, conference sessions to engage and inspire, the illustrious Robert MacNeil to get you thinking, and a gala banquet to fete you in fine style—all set against the backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean.
The Lord Nelson Hotel in the heart of downtown Halifax is the perfect venue for an inspirational weekend of learning and socializing.
We’re happy to announce we’ve teamed up again this year with the Indexing Society of Canada (ISC). You’ll have the option to take in three full days of career-building opportunities, networking and fun.
And (as if you really needed another reason to register) members of EAC, ISC, the Canadian Authors Association (CAA) and the Writers’ Federation of Nova Scotia (WFNS) benefit from discounted registration fees. What’s more, with early-bird pricing in effect until April 12, members can take advantage of even deeper discounts. Register now!
Flying is also more affordable thanks to a 15% discount offered by Porter Airlines—and this is on top of any seat sales.
- Come early so you can join your east coast colleagues for an informal pay-as-you-go dinner on Thursday evening.
- On Friday, take part in one of EAC’s pre-conference workshops or participate in day one of ISC’s conference.
- Enjoy socializing with your colleagues as we officially open EAC’s 2013 conference at the welcome reception on Friday night.
- Learn from experts on topics that cover everything from technical skills to the art of laughter to cultural considerations.
- Congratulate the winner of the Tom Fairley Award for Editorial Excellence and the recipients of the Claudette Upton Scholarship, President’s Awards and the Lee d’Anjou Volunteer of the Year Award at the EAC banquet on Saturday night.
- Tickle your funny bone at the Oops Awards.
Details, session information and online registration instructions for Conference 2013—Between the Lines are on the conference website.
Don’t forget: Register by April 12 to take advantage of special early-bird discounts. Check the conference website for the latest updates, as well as Twitter (@eacconference), LinkedIn, Facebook and EAC’s e-blasts.