Via Canadian Library Association
Early Bird registration rates for the CLA’s 67th annual Conference and Trade Show (Ottawa, ON, May 30-June 2, 2012) end this Friday, April 13, 2012.
April is the month for critical conference deadlines!
Early bird registration – April 13, 2012
Westin Hotel cut-off – April 29, 2012
Novotel Hotel cut-off – April 30, 2012
Les Suites Hotel cut-off – April 24, 2012
After April 13, registration rates will increase. So make sure to get your registration in today! You don’t want to miss out on the fantastic program offered at your CLA 2012 National Conference and Trade Show!
If you have registered but didn’t get a confirmation receipt, please contact Wendy Walton at 613.232.9625 extension 302 or email [email protected]
TOP 10 REASONS TO ATTEND CLA 2012 in Ottawa
- ADVOCACY –put advocacy into practice, meet MPs, discuss library issues, attend Question Period in the House of Commons
- PRE-CONFERENCES – take part in half-day workshops providing intensive learning opportunities: advocacy, intellectual freedom, copyright and library collaboration
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT – benefit from knowledge gathering and exchange opportunities in 70 topical sessions
- AWARD WINNING ENTERTAINMENT! – see Juno Award-winning Monkey Junk perform at the Opening Reception!
- MEET THE VENDORS – visit the trade show and meet your supplier community, at the Wednesday Opening Reception and for lunch on Thursday and Friday
- NETWORKING – meet friends and colleagues, interact and enjoy good conversation at the plethora of opportunities provided for networking
- BUSINESS MEETINGS & IDEA SHARING – attend meetings of the Networks and Advisory Committees to discuss future activities; take part in the governance of your association by attending the Resolutions Hearing and the Annual General Meeting
- IMMEDIATE CONNECTIONS – participate in online community engagement through Facebook, Twitter, blogs, and more! Use your tool of choice to share your conference experience!
- FACE-TO-FACE MEETINGS MATTER – research shows that conference attendance raises awareness of new concepts, reinforces a positive professional climate and builds relationships and networks: so get face-to-face with your colleagues from across the country
- LONG TERM IMPACT – make connections, learn, share and drive the library and information community forward
See you in Ottawa, 30 May–2 June!
Register for CLA 2012 in Ottawa: http://www.cla.ca/conference/2012/