With over 1200 activities in 170 communities, Culture Days will be in just about every corner of this province – from major urban areas to small towns and rural counties. In only year two, the Culture Days movement is connecting communities across Canada in a celebration of arts and culture.
Plan your Culture Days weekend with the Bright Spots Schedule
New this year is the Culture Days Bright Spots Schedule, presented by Culture Days’ national Lead Founding Visionary Partner, Sun Life Financial, a tool that lets you create a customized printable agenda for the celebration weekend.
Check out some of the hands-on and behind-the-scenes activities exploring music, dance, visual arts, film, history, theatre, literature and much more:
- Attend an open house at the Sudbury Theatre Centre or join musician and dancer, Amadou Kiénou for Spectacle de tambour: le Djembé, a drumming performance hosted by Contact interculturel francophone de Sudbury.
- Take part in Sunday in the Studio, a hands-on art workshop at the Art Gallery of Windsor and meet print-maker Pamela Dodds on a studio tour of the Windsor Printmaker’s Forum.
- In Ottawa, join in puppet-making and costume workshops with Compagnie Vox Théâtre or experience contemporary dance in the making with the Ottawa Dance Directive’s resident choreographers at Arts Court.
- In Thunder Bay, attend the book launch of Museum Encounters by Monica Belluz at the Thunder Bay Museum or meet local and international filmmakers, attend free screenings and take part in filmmaking workshops at the Bay Street Film Festival.
- In Toronto, join artist Mark Jaroszewicz at the Ontario Crafts Council for a discussion of his multi-sensory approach to fusing math and craft or join the Métis Heritage Guild for an afternoon of music, dance, film and storytelling at the S. Walter Stewart Branch of the Toronto Public Library.
Post-Culture Days Survey
Please keep your eyes peeled for the Culture Days post-event survey in the first week of October. Culture Days will be collecting feedback from this year’s event to help assess the demands and needs of Ontario’s arts and culture community. Whether or not you participated in Culture Days this year as an activity organizer or attended events, your opinion is valuable to the growth and sustainability of the Culture Days movement in the years to come.
For more information, visit http://www.culturedays.ca/en